POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 23 Feb 2004 20:50:42
Message: <403aadf2@news.povray.org>
> How will you avoid these calculation, when in "rolling mode" you still
> have to calculate:
>
> a) The path along the surface, which also needs trace() calls.

Well, one call vs 3500 is a better quota...

> b) To find out the exact moment the particle leaves the surface again
> and thus goes out of rolling mode...

I could either do a set amount of intervals across the distance the particle
travels in that frame (I could even use 20, it's *still* better than 3500)
or I could just assume that the integration is set with sufficient amount of
detail that the User can't tell if its precise or slightly not precise. For
CGI, things just have to *look* correct, they don't necessarily have to *be*
correct. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--