POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : DVD won't play : Re: DVD won't play Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD won't play
From: Hughes, B
Date: 23 Feb 2004 14:56:09
Message: <403a5ad9$1@news.povray.org>
"Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in message

> Maybe you can give me another clue.  I've got a movie-writing Dell too,
but
> I haven't used the option yet.  The computer is just a few months old.
Can
> you suggest ways of using the Dell-supplied software to get the DVD
> burned?

Glad to try and help.

I never had a M2V format file before, so that's new to me. Mine are always
MPEG done as NTFS compatible. I've used the Sonic's MyDVD to do the actual
burning because it is faster and fits more onto DVD than Roxio's VideoWave
does. I think all you'll need is the already made MPEG from TMPGEnc (type 1
or 2, and I think maybe 4 too) and drop it into MyDVD. Very quick for small
files.

You should be careful about things like automatic chaptering though, seems
like that doesn't do very good. Better to choose chapter points yourself.

I've had mine since October, but I'm still new to the whole thing too. Have
only used it for DVD-making a half dozen times.

Bob H.