POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some aid in physics required... : Re: Some aid in physics required... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some aid in physics required...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 23 Feb 2004 12:21:06
Message: <403a3682$1@news.povray.org>
> Ignoring friction and rotational energy, you'd simply be checking that
> your potential energy matches your kinetic energy, wouldn't you? The
> formulae for both are pretty straightforward.

Ehm, yeah, sure... Point is: I can't find those formulae. That aside, I just
want the velocity approach, not energies etc, cause I don't know anything
else of that particle beside it's velocity. Might be that I'm talking BS
because I don't know which formulae you're talking about, but, for example,
I've got a few formulae like "Height after object is thrown with that slope
and that velocity with earth's gravity". What I want is something along the
lines of "Velocity after object is rolled up/down a slope with that angle,
velocity and gravity".

I'm in a rush now, but I'll check on your energy-clues when I'm back, might
be that they'll lead me to exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"