POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : back side and interior texture : Re: back side and interior texture Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: back side and interior texture
From: Christophe Raffalli
Date: 26 Feb 2004 03:52:40
Message: <403DB4CF.6060309@univ-savoie.fr>
I have a mesh2 with one texture and one interior texture and it does not
render as I wat.

I understand better the problem: my mesh2 is not closed and it seems
that the algorithm used to define the front and back side is the same
than the algorithm to test if a point is inside the mesh: fire a ray in
one direction and if the  number of intersection is odd you are inside
(this is what the doc says).

But when the mesh in open, this fails. Clearly, for open mesh inside is
not meaningfull. But back and front sides are. So this algorithm is a
wrong choice and one should use the normals or the order of vertices to
distinguish the back and front side (moreover it will be faster).

I can post a script and an image if I am not being clear.