POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : seg fault in "pov::Determine_Apparent_Colour" : seg fault in "pov::Determine_Apparent_Colour" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  seg fault in "pov::Determine_Apparent_Colour"
From: Daniel Fenner
Date: 22 Feb 2004 12:05:38
Message: <4038e161@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I tried to render some of my old scenes with v3.6b1 (Linux).
(Mandrake 9.1; 2x500Mhz Intel; 576MB Ram)
One of these scenes caused PovRay to terminate with a Segmentation fault:

.
.
  0:00:00 Displaying
Using 16 bit TrueColor visual

  0:00:04 Rendering line 123 of 768Segmentation fault

Starting it in gdb produces the following output:

.
.
0x0808f1ba in pov::Determine_Apparent_Colour(pov::istk_entry*, float*,
pov::Ray_Struct*, double) ()

Notice that the line number in which the error occures varies ...

In order to simplify the scene I cut off every non-essential part.
Unfortunally the scene includes a big mesh without which the problem
disappears.
I posted the scene in povray.beta-test.binaries.

The archiv can simply be un-tar-ed with

tar -xzf test.tar.gz

and then

cd test
povray test.ini

will (hopefully) reproduce the problem...

Can anyone confirm this?

 Daniel