POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media and clipped_by, intersection and difference : Re: Media and clipped_by, intersection and difference Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media and clipped_by, intersection and difference
From: Hughes, B
Date: 22 Feb 2004 00:38:53
Message: <4038406d$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> In article <4037fee9$1@news.povray.org>,
>  "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
>
> > Common mistake, that, leaving textures out of parts of a CSG and
thinking
> > they'll automatically inherit a parent one.
>
> Children *will* inherit a parent's texture. The problem here is that
> only one child is textured.

Sorry, I worded that wrong. By parent I meant the object within the CSG
statement, and first thing I think of is difference {} using the first items
texture, thus making a sort of dominant one among the rest. My bad thinking
processes just confusing matters there. Esp. since this was about a
intersection instead.

Bob H.