POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Applying finish to mesh2 : Re: Applying finish to mesh2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Applying finish to mesh2
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Feb 2004 15:52:02
Message: <40367372$1@news.povray.org>

news:slr### [at] cardiffksuiucedu...
> I have a mesh2 object and I'm already using different textures
> (pigments, mostly) at the verticies. Now I'd like to apply a new texture
> (a finish) to the entire mesh object, but can't figure out how to do it.
>
> I'd rather not include the same finish in the texture block for each
> vertex, as this file is already pretty large (>200 MB).

There's something I'm not sure I understand... It seems that you have one
texture for each vertex, which seems to defeat the idea of having a compact
format like mesh2 in the first place.
Usually, the textures in a mesh2 object are neatly packed in the
texture_list{} part and all you have to do is to declare them externally
before the mesh is loaded.
#declare T1=..
#declare T2=..
and then mesh2{... texture_list{4, texture{T1}texure{T2}...} ...}

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com