POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rating at the POV-Museum : Re: Rating at the POV-Museum Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rating at the POV-Museum
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Feb 2004 22:31:46
Message: <40357fa2$1@news.povray.org>
First of all, Andrel mentioned animations.  I'm guessing the bigger file
sizes wouldn't be workable, but if you somehow found server space, I've got
LOTS of anims to share!  (See, that's a reason not to have anims!)  ;-)

"Pablo Viojo" <arr### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> Cosidering the suggestion of Tim about the qualification of the curators,
> maybe the votes of the differents curators could be weighted considering
> their previous submision qualifications. For example, if "A" and "B" gives
> 10 points to two works but "A" has submitted works that were best rated
than
> "B" then their qualifications to the works would be differents (of course
> "A" rate would be less than "B" rate)

Ohh, that's one thing I *don't* like.  While yes, nearly all of us would be
dying to see what Gilles thinks is "best" (I suppose an awful term),  I
don't think his ratings would necessarily always be "more important" than
others.

Possible other ideas:

1) Every contributor also a curator and that means that everyone gets a
little corner of web space to say, "These are my favorite umpteen images by
other artists."  Perhaps one rating system could be the  number of times
your image ends up in favorite galleries.  You Pablo the curator head could
periodically pick i) random private collections and ii) a private collection
of "an important povver"  to be on the front page.

2) Just 15 curators, but from a wide slice of the pov community.  They'd
perhaps be responsible for rating every image under the sun.

3) [Less sound]  The zazzle system where one can go to a streaming view of a
series of large thumbnails for the images.  You just rate things as they
come along.