POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : --- : Re: Efficiency question, PovRay 3.1 - intersections? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Efficiency question, PovRay 3.1 - intersections?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 16 Feb 2004 09:52:45
Message: <4030d93d$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote in message

> And ... what does "Warning - No pigment type given" mean? All my
> pigments are either typed or of the form
>    pigment { color rgbf<...> } or pigment { color Red }
> And the error message just points to where I invoke the union, so I get
> 100 of these warnings on the same line. :-) What syntax can I look for
> to eliminate that?

Mike would probably get around to answering this for you, I just happen to
be reading this and looked at your files and see in the World.pov that there
are a series of boxes without textures or pigments interleaved within the
object named ExteriorWalls0. Not sure what part they play in this scene
file. A solution to the "No pigment given" warning is to set a #default
{texture {pigment {color rgb 0}}} statement at the beginning of the file. Of
course, you'll want to use an actual texture consistant with the object. If
this were using 'difference' or 'intersection' instead of 'union' you would
also want to use cutaway_textures in the CSG statement, I believe so anyhow.
I didn't render the entire scene to find out what affect this all has
visually.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com