POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash on starting 3.6 : Re: Crash on starting 3.6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash on starting 3.6
From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Feb 2004 17:56:29
Message: <402ea79d@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message

> > Have you rebooted the PC since ?
>
> yes - still crashes could it be anything to do with MS's latest security
> patch as it was working fine until I installed the patch.

If the patch has a rollback try using it and seeing if it makes a difference
(it'll be in the add/remove software menu in that case).

The error you are seeing is generated if the backend thread takes more than
one second to liven up and finish its initialization. On my test system it
takes less than 20 milliseconds to do this so I'd say that something is going
on that's seriously slowing down or more likely completely jamming up the POVMS
and/or POV code initialization.

-- Chris