POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation question... : Re: Animation question... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation question...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 13 Feb 2004 20:22:03
Message: <402d783b$1@news.povray.org>
Well, there are different opinions about what should be used and what not.
In my experience, Quicktime Movies and the far-spread MPEG Movies
(especially 1 and 2) are those that you're likely be able to spread to a
larger audience. RealPlayer, in my oppinion, is a pain in the b***. It seems
that it's useful for Streaming media, but that aside, I have yet to see a
good quality RealPlayer Movie.

Divx is spread as well, but, AFAIK, more in the geeks-sector so far. A
standard User doesn't have it, but it's easy to install. I absolutely hate
xvid, cause the last few times I checked it, it wasn't running consistantly
with the different versions floating in the web.

Scouring the web for short movies and such, it seems that Quicktime and
MPEG2 are the most favored types of encoding. For mpeg you could use
TMpegEnc, which is, IMHO, a really good, clean encoder and uses the standard
TGA-Files POV-Ray outputs, but can use other formats as well.

My 2 cents.

Regards,
Tim

--