POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking? : Re: ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 12 Feb 2004 14:44:21
Message: <402bd795@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8cu### [at] tritonimagicode...
> MVSmith wrote:
> > In an earlier posting (on 20040121), I requested info on "scanning"
> > unions and differences of objects to read off height-field data from the
> > composite structure and thence out to a text file. A day or two after
this
> > I discovered the isect() function, which seems to do the trick.
>
> I don't know such a function, neither in POV-SDL syntax nor in the
> POV-Ray source code.

It's a macro in shapes.inc. From the docs:

"Isect(Pt, Dir, Obj, OPt) and IsectN(Pt, Dir, Obj, OPt, ONorm)
These macros are interfaces to the trace() function. Isect() only returns
the intersection point, IsectN() returns the surface normal as well."

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik