POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possibility to assign photons to certain material? : Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 11 Feb 2004 04:47:42
Message: <4029fa3e$1@news.povray.org>

news:402### [at] hotmailcom...
> Ok, I seem to have misunderstood you somewhere.
> I thought that because the photons are an object
> thing now, you wanted to promote the photon setting
> from any material in an object to the object itself.

Oh, not at all. Sorry if I was unclear. If there was an object that is an
union of glass and wooden part, then the glass part should receive photons,
not everything. And if you, for any reason, don't want that glass part to
receive photons, then specify target off, or whatever. I just think it
should work just like caustics.