POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strangeness with Parallel Lights : Re: Strangeness with Parallel Lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strangeness with Parallel Lights
From: Hughes, B
Date: 10 Feb 2004 11:26:55
Message: <4029064f$1@news.povray.org>
"Severi Salminen" <sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote in message
> Phil Cook wrote:
>
> > The camera is inside a hollowed out box, there are no openings to the
> > outside world. I'm pointing a set of parallel lights from outside the
> > box to a point inside.
> >
> > So. where's the light coming from?
> >
> > Am I doing something fundementally wrong (most likely) or is this some
> > property of parallel light's I don't know about showing up?
>
> Read this section in the manual:
>
> 6.5.7.4  Parallel Lights

Hopefully Phil will see that you are probably referring to the plane of
light projection. So, Phil, you'll need to watch out for that plane of light
and any intersecting with objects it might do. I realize the doc says this,
basically, but perhaps not in a way everyone will understand-- which is
pictures like Phil's.  :-)

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com