POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possibility to assign photons to certain material? : Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possibility to assign photons to certain material?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 9 Feb 2004 18:42:54
Message: <40281afe$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

>>Is there a way to assign a (photon) TARGET keyword to a certain
>>material? I'd like to make everything that is made of glass a photon
>>target and now I have to specify TARGET individually to every glass
>>object. If it is not possible, it would certainly be a most welcome
>>feature - if feature wishes for the next relase can be made :-)
>

> Maybe use macro instead
>
> #macro matGlass()
>   material { _matGlass }
>   photons { ... }
> #end
>
> object { xxx matGlass() }

That is indeed a good suggestion, but it is hard to implement if you
want to change an allready existing material - lots of parentheses to add...

Ok, you can use the Replace tool in your favourite text editor, but
still... Adding photons to material description would be the easiest and
the most intuitive way.

Severi