POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : df3 with Java? : df3 with Java? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  df3 with Java?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 8 Feb 2004 13:38:09
Message: <40268211$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

This is just a quick shot, haven't done that much research into it yet, but
I was wondering if anyone has already attempted it and could give me some
advice. The df3 files POV-Ray may read are pretty straightforward, and I
wondered if there may be a way to use Java to write a df3-file.

As I understand it, df3 isn't plain-text, but byte-code, so I'm actually
more or less asking how I can use Java to not write plain-text, but rather
byte-code to disk, or how I can convert doubles/floats/int/etc to byte and
then save that.

Any help, be it pointers, tutorials or just a plain "Can't be done." is
appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

--