POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Changes to some patterns? : Re: Changes to some patterns? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changes to some patterns?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 8 Feb 2004 06:56:05
Message: <402623d5$1@news.povray.org>
"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message

> number_of_waves setting (for the global_settings) to see how it would vary
> the pattern and it was all over the place in how it rendered each time.
For
> example, first instance I used a value of 5 for that and it lost
reflection.

Having checked it more since then I found that setting a number_of_waves
value, rendering, then rerendering a second time without making a change,
there'd be an expected water surface. Not the same as in version 3.5, but at
least the pattern looking more like it should instead of lacking any texture
(or reflection) or just having a rather featureless flat surface.

Plus there are occasional errors, i.e. "The POV-Ray rendering core threw an
unhandled exception", when larger numbers are used but not the same each
time (55, 100, etc.)

POV for Windows, WinXP

Bob H.