POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Changes to some patterns? : Re: Changes to some patterns? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changes to some patterns?
From: Hughes, B
Date: 7 Feb 2004 00:28:45
Message: <4024778d$1@news.povray.org>
news:40245AA7.BF476149@pacbell.net...

> > "Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
> >
> There is definitely a difference between the two versions.  As far as I
> know there really shouldn't be that much change in the normal patterns
> to cause that big of a difference.

Oh wow... there's got to be a bug in the code. I tried arches.pov with a
number_of_waves setting (for the global_settings) to see how it would vary
the pattern and it was all over the place in how it rendered each time. For
example, first instance I used a value of 5 for that and it lost reflection.
Then began at 1 and rendered each time incrementing the value up by 1. When
it got to 5 again it had reflection but no wave patterns. Other numbers
either gave unpredictable results too.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com