POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lighting : Re: Lighting Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Feb 2004 12:19:11
Message: <4023cc8f$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message news:4023cb35> That's
interesting -- I never use phong, but I would think they are the same

> thing, aren't they Chris? Maybe people who make the best scenes use phong
> because they are long-time users of POV-ray and phong used to be specular
> (or, was it, I'm not sure -- I don't have POV-ray at work).

IIRC, in the tutorial that came with earlier versions of POV-Ray, they used
phong, but specular has been available since 0.9b (and probably earlier ...)

Comparing them, they seem to yeild identical results, though, the difference
seems to be a matter of syntax... I think