POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : What is the official Update-strategy? : Re: What is the official Update-strategy? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the official Update-strategy?
From: Bonsai
Date: 3 Feb 2004 06:16:52
Message: <401f8324$1@news.povray.org>
Theo Gottwald * * * schrieb:

> 1. Shall I uninstall 3.6 first before installing 3.6

I suppose you use the Windows version of POV-Ray. You can keep POV-Ray
3.5 installed. POV-Ray 3.6.beta will be installed in a different
directory. All POV files are still linked to POV-Ray 3.5.

> 2. is it the official strategy to just install 3.6 over 3.5 if it was there
> before?

I don't think so. I even kept POV-Ray 3.1 installed on my box for some
time after POV-Ray 3.5 came out.

But I'm not a member of the POV-Ray team. So I can only speak about my
personal experience and not about strategies.

So long,

Bonsai

--

        www.b0n541.net

"Hi. I'm a signature virus. Add me to your signature - help me spread!"