POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support : Re: Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support Server Time
16 Jun 2024 16:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 2 Feb 2004 09:17:05
Message: <401e5be1@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <ssh### [at] ottawanet> wrote in message
> The regular heightfield object in Moray can be converted to a mesh. You
can
> use the step control (heightfield object) to help setup the number of
> triangles used.

Thanks for the tip. I think I had decided that wouldn't work because I
didn't know about the step control trick, and it looked like it was simply
making a mesh cube shape.

> Try this, based on p_square.pov

<snip>
> Comments welcome
>
> Stephen

Here's what ultimately worked for me:

#declare Spikes=function{pigment {
    image_map{
    tga "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\3D\spots1.tga"
    interpolate 2}

    }
    }

#declare S= function(u,v) {
  (Spikes(u,v,0).gray)
}
#declare F1= function(u,v){u}
#declare F2= function(u,v){v}
#declare F3= function(u,v){S(u,v)}

object{
   Parametric(
      F1, F2, F3,
      <-3,-3>,
      < 3, 3>,
      200,200,"p_square2.udo"
   )
   pigment{rgb 1}

   scale<5,5,-5>
}

This makes some fairly realistic-looking grass. It converts to mesh in Moray
perfectly, and renders quickly.

Steve Shelby