POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Minor documentation "INI file" : Re: Minor documentation "INI file" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minor documentation "INI file"
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Feb 2004 07:43:44
Message: <401cf480@news.povray.org>
In article <1eop10936v7ulu0hnphfed7mlivcripdfh@4ax.com> , Stephen McAvoy
<mcavoys[at]aolDOTcom>  wrote:

> I probably just can't find it in the documentation but I needed to enclose
path
> strings with quotes in Povray.ini. I had just copied my Ver 3.5 INI to 3.6
Beta.

It is a warning.  I don't know if the code that outputs the location made it
into beta 1 or not.  POV-Ray 3.5 does accept quoted string for filenames and
paths with spaces as well, but it did not warn about them in case of INI
files.  As unquoted string with spaces cannot be told apart from
command-line switches (also allowed in POV-Ray's INI files), POV-Ray would
always make assumptions.  In 3.6 it warns you whenever it has to make an
assumption.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde