POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Draw Vistas Option : Draw Vistas Option Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Draw Vistas Option
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 31 Jan 2004 20:13:49
Message: <401c52cd$1@news.povray.org>
I've got a couple quick questions.  I'm using the Draw_Vistas option or +UD
flag to test a CSG to see if I should be using some manual bounding boxes.

(1)  What is the significance of the color of the box this options draws on
the render window?  I've seen red boxes and blue boxes and I can't see any
reason behind what gets a blue box and what gets a red box.

(2)  I learned rather fast that when testing my CSG that if I just had a
very simple piece I was testing that I also needed the +MB0 flag turned on.
However I could have as few as 3 frame level objects and I no longer needed
the +MB0 flag.  The documentaion says the default setting is +MB25.  What is
the relationship between the number of "objects" used in this flag and what
the message window refers to as "frame level objects"?

Thanks,
Carl