POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering : Re: Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering
From: Dan P
Date: 30 Jan 2004 22:00:45
Message: <401b1a5d$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Riley" <tim### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote in message news:40187a33$1@news.povray.org...
> > Here's a modification of Daniel's code.  Why is there a distortion in x
> > but not z??
>
> If you use (x*blah, y*blah, z) instead of (x*blah, y, z*blah) you get what
you
> expect to see. The question is: Why? Is f_noise_generator right-handed?

It's a matter of style for me. I like to set things up so that I can easily
modify them later. I find tacking on a scale on the end is easier to
comprehend, for me, than changing the parameters to the function. But, I'm
kindof a dimwit, and you can always tell that in my code (cough, production
code, Warp :-) ) because if I don't make it readable, I can't read it later
and I stop enjoying writing code. Think of me as a painter who loves to
paint but would never cut his ear off. That's why I enjoy reading these
newsgroups because everybody on it is more clever than I and I learn more
from that than reading documentation.