POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File load failure : Re: File load failure Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File load failure
From: AngleWyrm
Date: 30 Jan 2004 18:03:07
Message: <401ae2ab@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in message
>
> > But the problem is not with newlines!  POV-Ray does not care about
newlines.

> This has come up before - the problem is that it's a common assumption
that a
> newline will regarded as a value seperator. While it would be unreasonable
and
> absurd to list everything that Pov doesn't do in the docs*, this might be
> valid exception....

It's also a common assumption that a tomato is a vegetable; but where do the
grocery stores sell it? Where everyone expects to find it, with the
vegetables. Same goes for word meanings--they mean what we agree they mean.
All I'm saying is that if it is a common 'mis-conception' maybe the
definition could be shifted over a little to include that.