POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File load failure : Re: File load failure Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File load failure
From: AngleWyrm
Date: 30 Jan 2004 17:53:25
Message: <401ae065@news.povray.org>
news:401a3011@news.povray.org...
> AngleWyrm <no_### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > oneVal, twoVal, threeVal, dummyVal
> > oneVal, twoVal, threeVal
> > oneVal, twoVal, threeVal
>
> > and the resulting *.csv file will have trailing commas. Then delete the
> > dummyVal from the first row of the file.
>
>   I think that if "dummyval" is "//" then you don't even need to remove
it.

I think that this is rather an extra bunch of pre-processing data, that
could be avoided if the end-of-line character were recognized as a valid
data separator. How often is the end-of-line character used as part of a
variable? Most likely only in binary files, not in comma separated files.

I would like to find the source file, and see if I can maybe customize it to
recognize eol markers, but the guys in the programming group keep saying "go
away". Does anyone here know where the parser for file input is located?
Which source file?