POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Future" results arrived. : Re: "Future" results arrived. Server Time
6 May 2024 05:54:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Future" results arrived.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Jan 2004 17:26:41
Message: <401ada21$1@news.povray.org>

>    Ah, those. Yes, there's those too, but you need to know the secret
> handshake to even consider thinking about *them*. Some, I believe, are
> long-standing experts at the ancient art of 'Macaroni' too, and are
> probably, (more than likely), very deadly in the field of CG combat
> with their special techniques.

Nah, I am one of them.  All I did was apply.  Apparently I was recorded
as being one and didn't even know it.  In those early days I was so
lacking in web "savy" that I was afraid to submit my votes in fear that
they would somehow get rejected and become public. And I probably
applied not even knowing what I was doing. Then after some conversation
on the mail-list Bill Marrs invited me to be a panel judge.  I pursued
this idea hoping that it would free me from the pressure of throwing
together half-baked entries just to be able to play.  I seem to be
somewhat unusual in this respect in that I enjoy participating in the
voting process.  In general it seems to be that there is a need to
stimulate voting.  So I am sure your participation would be welcomed.
At most they just have to see you posting now and again.  The
registration process is only in place to prevent rigging the vote.

For the record, I did not participate or vote this round.  Again I think
that the artmaking process involves both creating the art and
appreciating it.  But often my interests alternate between the two.