POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity and resume : Radiosity and resume Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and resume
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 29 Jan 2004 16:08:56
Message: <40197668@news.povray.org>
Hello,

   I'm now using radiosity for the first time and I've got a quick question.
I started a render yesterday that will probably take several days.  I had to
interrupt it today and when I resumed it with the +c option all the blocky
pixels at the bottom of the render window are gone.  It looks like its going
ok but I'm a little worried that maybe some information was lost from the
first few passes that it now doesn't have and if I need to restart from
scratch I'd rather know now then a few days from now.  Is it ok to use the
+c resume option with radiosity?  The documentation states it "displays the
partial image rendered so far" but I'm missing the blocky bottom 3/4th of my
previous render window.  Do I need to be worried?

Thanks,
Carl