POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IES file format : Re: IES file format Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IES file format
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Date: 29 Jan 2004 08:23:15
Message: <40190943$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you. This could be an idea. IES format gives luminosity in function of
horizontal and vertical angle.
This morning I developed a software that reads an IES file and write a file
with a set of spot light, one for each angle. It works but if the angle
discretization is fine, the number of spotlights created i beg and the
rendering gets slow.
I will test your idea, to see if it gives better performances.
The procedure is not known to me at the moment but I can try to manage.
Please if you can send me any information about the procedure or just an
example, it would be helpfull.

Many thanks.

Gianluca