POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering : Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Jan 2004 22:38:27
Message: <40148bb3@news.povray.org>
I'm about to try my hand at some outdoor scenes, where I'd like rolling
hills.

Any tips on the best way to get a fast-rendering scene (for use in
animations)
height fields,  isosurfaces, bicubic patches,  one of the above then
converted to meshes ?

I'm guessing my biggest mistake with povray is always wanting to model an
entire continent rather than just  the area in the field of view ahead of
me.