POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cubic Sphere Inversion : Re: Cubic Sphere Inversion Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:40:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic Sphere Inversion
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 25 Jan 2004 17:52:17
Message: <401448a1$1@news.povray.org>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:

> How long did it take to trace? (Size, AA, hardware?)

The blended images was rendered simultanously on my 1.5
GHz Athlon PC (Red Hat 9 Linux). They were both finished
after 10 hours. (But one finished an hour before the
other IIRC.)

AA was set to 0.3 (or maybe 0.2).

>>This image was made by blending two rendered images
>>in Photoshop LE. The first image was rendered with
>>shadows and the other without.
>>

> Any special reason to do so?

Yes. The the centre of the "sphere" was too dark in
the shadow version and too bright in the non-shadow
version. I could have rendered with shadows and with
brighter ambient light settings, but I wanted the
dark _shaded_ areas to remain dark.

Radiosity is another solution, but I suspect such a
rendering to be waaaay tooo sloooow.

Tor Olav