POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.6 : Re: Povray 3.6 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.6
From: JFMILLER28
Date: 24 Jan 2004 15:07:22
Message: <4012d07a$1@news.povray.org>
from http://mac.povray.org/download/macosx102.html:

"Due to changes introduced late in Mac OS X 10.2 opening files via the
File:Open menu command and dialog box is not possible in the POV-Ray
3.5. Mac OS X will terminate POV-Ray 3.5. To use POV-Ray 3.5 on Mac OS X
you need this beta version of POV-Ray 3.6!"

I'm guessing that is was an emergency bug fix, to help out those folks
on OS X 10.2.  Hopefully ours will come out soon, but given the
circumstances, I completely understand wanting to get the mac version
out the door first.