POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera look_at question : Re: Camera look_at question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera look_at question
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 21 Jan 2004 14:30:13
Message: <400ed345$1@news.povray.org>
> Is there a way to make the look_at point not the centre of the image? Obviously,
> I could acheive a similiar result by cropping the image once it's rendered, but
> then I'm wasting time rendering parts of the image I don't intend to keep.

	Why not to use the +sr +er +sc +ec switches ?

	It effectively crops the image by rendering the part you are interested in,
which does not need to be centered around the whole image center (pan effect).
The missing portions of the image (black areas) still need to be manually removed
in your favorite image editor (usual select/copy/paste in new image).

	- NC