POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : The IRTC Animations T-shirt at zazzle. : Re: The IRTC Animations T-shirt at zazzle. Server Time
19 May 2024 09:34:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The IRTC Animations T-shirt at zazzle.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Jan 2004 22:41:03
Message: <400ca34f$1@news.povray.org>
One point is that when a kid buys an "Incredible Hulk" T-Shirt, he'd be
happy with a correctly shaded Hulk on a white background, he probably
wouldn't care whether Hulk cast a photorealstic shadow on a wooden floor.

http://www.alexrossart.com/images/wallpaper/GoldenAgeGreats800.jpg

I've posted to the binaries group an updated plan (of course not five copies
of my character!).

Here's the plan:

Folks who want to enter would submit a rendering of their character.  First
they'd scale it so that its height approximates 200 cm=83 pov units, or that
a heroic human male would have a height of 83 units.  Then they'd place
their character in a scene with

/*light_source{ <12000,10000,0> rgb 1 rotate 0*y  }
light_source{ <12000,10000,0> rgb 1 rotate 120*y   }
light_source{ <12000,10000,0> rgb 1 rotate 240*y  }
camera{location <0,100,-350>  look_at<0,80,0> angle 45}
background{rgb 1}
*/

and position their character so its "feet" are on a nonexistent y=0 plane,
then translated to <40-SomeNumber, 0,0>.

You can intensify or dim the lights or if you're smart find some way to add
an interesting background to reflect off of that isn't in the image, but you
should keep the above params.  The rendering would be something huge (don't
do it *yet*), but the pasting of images together, if they don't overlap,
should be easy.

If we get a spaceship, we can have it flying overhead as I estimated in that
image in p.b.i.

Rusty is a hero to many in IRTC, so he shouldn't be half-blocked out of the
picture. I don't know-- how tall **is** he?  Would an IRTC logo like I've
suggested block too much of him?  (Haven't figured this one out yet).

If we get more than 5, it's still fairly doable, I'd just have to think
about how to compose it.  I would like to ask almost all the entries in the
January round to participate.