POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to make the animation in pov-ray work : Re: How to make the animation in pov-ray work Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make the animation in pov-ray work
From: Hughes, B
Date: 17 Jan 2004 08:03:00
Message: <40093284@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Remco de Korte <rem### [at] onwijscom> wrote in news:40084403.60AD4370
> @onwijs.com:
>
> > I'm not sure if this is related but I have different ini's for
> > different projects and use different sections within one ini.
>
> Same here.  As an example:
>
> Input_File_Name=main.pov
> Antialias=On
>
> width=512
> height=288
>
> ;width=320
> ;height=180
>
> Quality=9
> ;Quality=7
> ;Quality=5

He meant blocks, I believe, Tom. All your commented parts can be used as
separate blocks chosen by name if you put them together this way instead:

[Shot01]
; everything pertinent to this rendering goes here

[Shot02]
; likewise for here

That way you just select the INI file and choose the part needed at the
time. In Windows, it shows up as the secondary resolution list (or from DOS,
if anyone does that, it'd be like:  thepov.exe anim.ini shot02).

Unfortunately, something's broken about how INI's are handled so you can't
nest them or use multiple INI's; if not, you'd also be able to have a main
one for the general setup. So you still need to specify all the elements in
each block.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com