POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? : Re: support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: support for povray.poser forum?
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 16 Jan 2004 12:50:34
Message: <4008246a$1@news.povray.org>
> I'd say, why not make a more common group for external tools? Poser would be
> one, but PoseRay, Spatch and several other programms are tools a fellow
> Pover might use as well, and making a general group for external tools
> sounds like a better idea to me than to have a certain group for a single
> external programm.

I like this idea, also.  I am slowly collecting, thanks to references
from other POVRay users, quite a few ancillary programs that I use to
create POVRay files (lately, for example, I've been playing with KnotPlot:
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/imager/contributions/scharein/KnotPlot.html
thanks to Mael -- see p.b.images) and perhaps a group for discussing
tips, problems, new-found resources as they relate to POVRay might be
helpful.

On the other hand, though I don't have POSER, it seems as though enough
people do, to make it worthwhile to have a POSER-specific group,
especially since there are apparently some rather complicated issues
regarding Poser/Povray interractions.

(My 2 cents, or 0.0162 Euros, or something like that.)

Dave Matthews