POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? : Re: support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: support for povray.poser forum?
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 16 Jan 2004 12:34:24
Message: <400820a0$1@news.povray.org>
> Many of us use Poser now, for including Poser models in our POV-Ray
scenes,
> so I'm wondering if anyone else here is interested in having a new forum.
> If you think it would be a good idea, or if not, please voice your
opinion.

I'd say, why not make a more common group for external tools? Poser would be
one, but PoseRay, Spatch and several other programms are tools a fellow
Pover might use as well, and making a general group for external tools
sounds like a better idea to me than to have a certain group for a single
external programm. OTOH, I don't know if a new, more general group wouldn't
be flooded with questions regarding all kinds of kinky little tools...

Just my 2 cents. I, for one, use only Poser 3 (don't have the money for a
more recent edition), so I'm not in dire need of an extra group. Besides,
once some certain standard issues have been figured out (it's more or less
the conversion, isn't it?), I guess the group would get pretty quiet.
Working with Poser and making use of the objects... I guess that's covered
pretty good by other sites like Renderosity etc.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"