POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Leveller 2 and using hf pigments in iso-functions : Re: Leveller 2 and using hf pigments in iso-functions Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leveller 2 and using hf pigments in iso-functions
From: Tom Melly
Date: 16 Jan 2004 10:09:44
Message: <4007feb8$1@news.povray.org>
news:879### [at] tritonimagicode...

> function {
>    fn_Image(x, y, z).red+fn_Image(x, y, z).green/256
> }

Gah! I nearly figured this one out. I'd tried foo.red + foo.green + foo.blue. -
but with no division. I'd noted that the tga didn't have any blue, and... well,
that was about it. Why does only the green get divided by 256? Oh, high-byte,
low-byte stuff...

Many thanks...

(tests CH's solution)....

Many, many, many thanks

P.S.

Hmm, does this mean if I reduce the green by that factor in PSP, and then
grayscale, I'll also have a workable grayscale img? Tests....  Hmm, hard to test
(PSP+TOM limitation).

However, splitting the image into 3 separate images (one for red, one for blue,
etc.), gives me a usable red image (once grayscaled and then .gray in POV). The
green channel just has some bumps on it which add little to the image, and are
pretty irrelvant when using it in an iso (since I want to control my own fine
detail). I suspect that the green channel is used to store the "last applied
action", which would make single-level undo's easy (which is the only level of
undo that leveller supports iirc, which makes sense). Thanks, once again.