POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: Dan P
Date: 12 Jan 2004 21:30:39
Message: <4003584f$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > "GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> > <snip>
<snip>
> Gilles posted this a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure what type of clothes you
> are looking for, but there are a few really nice period dresses for the
> standard poser models, as well as for the DAZ models.
> http://www.poserfashion.net

I don't like to use other people's work. Not to diminish the other people's
work, but I'm not doing this game for money but to learn everything I can
and I feel like I'm cheating myself if I don't struggle and bleed every bit
of the way. I already feel guilty enough using the Poser models, but I'm not
good enough to make nudes yet so it would have served as a barrier to any
real progress.

> Also, if you ever look for hair, Kozaburo's hair works quite well (not
> dynamic), and can be found here http://www.digitalbabes2.com in the
> downloads section.  Some of these are add-ons for DAZ hair, others are
not.

Hey, isn't that a porn URL? :-)

> Anyway, there is some good free stuff available out there for Poser.
>
> Or you could get really good at creating nudes.  I've been quite impressed
> with the life-like nature of some that I've seen.  In all seriousness,
Poser
> models generally look best that way.  It's unfortunate, but true, imho.
Add
> clothes and the illusion gets diminished.  Having said that, I probably
> won't be doing any nudes, but maybe I'll change my mind.  It's just "not
my
> bag", as Austin Powers would say.

Yeah, baby.

> I'm almost embarrassed to own Poser.  Simply browsing Renderosity gives me
> the opinion that many of the Poser users (from what I can gather), bought
it
> to fullfill some sort of fantasies by being able to dress up (or not)
girls
> with --- (I'll stop.  You know where this is headed).  I'll try not to
make
> any judgements on those that do that, since "nobody's being harmed", but
it
> can make things difficult if you're not into creating
> Sexy/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Adventure images.  I used to do Fantasy sketches, not
> too many years ago, but it seems like there's just too much of that
floating
> around these days.  For me, it has lost its appeal simply because of the
> dilution.  It seems like there are a million artists all trying to be
Boris
> Vallejo, and most... well... aren't.  But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The Content Paradise was just a... well, a place
for a drag queen to play. Most of the outfits don't look realistic enough
and those that do are too "period" for my characters (i.e. Chinese armor,
etc.)