POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Antialias and details in the background : Re: Antialias and details in the background Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Antialias and details in the background
From: =Bob=
Date: 12 Jan 2004 17:46:46
Message: <400323d6$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:40031ac1$1@news.povray.org...
: > Antialiasing removes the details of a background
: Anti-alias works in a realistic and natural way.
:
: > so that something like flames, explosions and starfields
: > get severely impacted by the process.
: Only to the same degree as photos.
:
: > In some cases, totally removed from the picture.
: The stars are too small then.
:
: > Is there a way to only antialias specific objects?
: No, currently not with POV-Ray.
:
: > Or is this a post-process only?
: Post-processing anti-alias is possible, but is a rather cumbersome method.
:
: I agree with Thorsten; if you post an image maybe we can help you find a
: solution to the problem.
:
: Regards,
: Hugo