POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: GreyBeard
Date: 11 Jan 2004 10:59:16
Message: <400172d4@news.povray.org>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message news:4000e3b2@news.povray.org...
> > > "GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message news:4000a697

>  The hardest part is figuring out your scale in Poser,
> which doesn't seem to match any other modeling program I use...  In the
end
> I just decided the default poser guy is 6Ft tall and worked from there.

It's even worse than that, from some of the threads I've been reading, Don
is six feet, or maybe five foot nine, and Vicky is something over six feet.
Poser modelers don't seem to have a uniform scale.  In POV-Ray, I use two
scales, one POV unit = one foot, and Ten POV units = one foot for smaller
objects.  Any object I'm going to be re-using becomes an .inc file, and yes,
my include directory is a mess.  Works for me, YMMV.