POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 12 Mar 2004 14:45:10
Message: <3v4450drcar78kjthbb1etebn8e54t84f0@4ax.com>
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:31:18 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>> JPEG2000 != experimental patch as they say in C++
>
>Given the number of broken implementations of it, it certainly seems
>like an early version of a C++ compiler. ;-)

Ah, cackle.

>> An interesting idea for sure. Makes one wonder exactly where the
>> copyright on the image itself produced lies.
>
>Obviously the image would be a derivative work of the scene file.

Mmm, reallly? When I posed that question I think the answer I was
expecting was almost a "duh, it's obvious - you are still the owner".

Blimey, I wish it was easier to determine someone's thought processes
behind their postings. This is another reason I don;t think of this as
community. There's very much lost in the subtles of communication
here.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com