POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Bug when viewing www.povray.org with Netscape (Solaris) : Re: Bug when viewing www.povray.org with Netscape (Solaris) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug when viewing www.povray.org with Netscape (Solaris)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 10 Jul 2002 18:45:30
Message: <3rUsPeyKGWwxtm76+jF1ibNhKIoM@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:51:25 +0100, "Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com>
wrote:

>Warp wrote:
>>   I think that the pov-team has quite little chances of fixing a bug
>> in Netscape 4. Send the bug report to netscape.com instead.
>
>I have given up supporting it (all sites I do from now on will be xhtml
>based), I will check to ensure everything is fully functional, and perhaps
>tweak any style sheets to make the most of a bad situation but no way am I
>spending hours hacking a site to bits just to get NS4.x to look perfect

For what it's worth, Netscape 4.7 on the Windows OS renders the page
mentioned in this thread without a problem on my computer. Perhaps it
might even be some glitch in some graphics library or "toolkit"
peculiar to Solaris?

At any rate, I would tend to agree that it is nearly impossible to
make a classy-looking website that will render as planned in EVERY
browser that a person might want to use. At least this person could
view the POV-Ray website. I've seen a few websites that were totally
non-functional with certain mainstream browsers. There's no excuse for
something like that, but the POV site has nothing in common with a
site like that.

Later,
Glen

7no### [at] ezwvcom     (Remove the numeral "7")