POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Walking : Re: Walking Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:15:20
Message: <3pcq35phui5vpuldr8icvp121c32mmm23c@4ax.com>
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:14:59 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> Insert your conclusions here.
>>
>> Excellent that is about 5 miles a day.
>
>How do you figure that?

Arithmetic? o_O

>> I've had a couple of pedometers and found
>> that they encouraged me to walk. Something that I hate doing as my feet ache all
>> the time :-( My normal stride is IIRC 2.42 feet, yours I imagine would be
>> longer.
>
>Well, I discovered that standing on the spot and giggling to the music
>counts as "steps". I'm also fairly sure sitting in the car registers as
>a few hundred steps too. After all, it's only a tip switch. :-P

It doesn't take much to fool a simple machine. :P

>I find that when I walk, my calves hurt down the front.

Your shin?

>I can't decide
>whether it's just muscle weakness, or whether I'm actually using the
>wrong muscle groups to walk with...

You won't need to worry until your trapezius muscle hurts. Then you are using
the wrong muscle group. Remember, oh! Grasshopper. Never, ever put anything in
your ear smaller than your elbow.

Crikey Andrew it is exercising muscles that are not used to it. :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen