POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Dec 2008 09:48:29
Message: <3liaj4l019k3buedo5ou91ha46skiuftjj@4ax.com>
On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:22:56 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>All different versions of Acer TravelMate. None of them are young any
>more. (Maybe 2, 3 years old?) A few of them will run on battery power
>for, like, 20 minutes. But none are very reliable. Apparently they were
>when new.

Rechargeable batteries are funny things before Li-ion batteries, the best thing
you could do for them was is to "work" them. That is charge and completely
discharge them regularly. With Li-ion batteries that does not work and in fact
it is counter productive. Li-ion batteries can be kept on charge all the time, I
believe.
You might be able to put some new life into your old laptop batteries by
discharging them completely then charging then again a couple of times but if
your laptop shuts off immediately on switching the power off then I fear that
they are goosed.
--

Regards
     Stephen