POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kind of Villarceau circles - 1 attachment : Re: Kind of Villarceau circles - 1 attachment Server Time
27 Apr 2024 18:48:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kind of Villarceau circles - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Jan 2004 21:30:03
Message: <3ffe122b@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg:

>> > A beautiful little object...a nice illustration of the relation
>> > between mobius strips and torii as well.
>>
>> Mobius strips?
>
> The white bands in that image. A Mobius strip is a ribbon loop with a
> half twist, giving it one side.
>
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MoebiusStrip.html

I was a bit surprised that you referred to them as
Moebius strips.

But then I saw that the Mathworld page you gave a
link to above mentions this specifically:

number of half-twists ... "

Nice to know.

Tor Olav