POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is the most marketable skill? : Re: What is the most marketable skill? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the most marketable skill?
From: Roberto A
Date: 8 Jan 2004 13:41:40
Message: <3ffda464@news.povray.org>
> Interesting.  Do you know why it has such appeal?  I mean it is an
> appealing enough language to use, but what is the particular
> characteristic that puts it at the top of the list?

It's very good as a glue language - to bring together different systems and
libraries in a consistent, easy-to-use API. But that is perhaps not the main
reason for the growth of Python on Hollywood, but better yet the cause of
the real cause...

ILM uses it. A lot. For the reason above. And thus every other studio will
tend to use it as well. :-)

Regards,

Roberto