POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patches for arbitrary topology shapes - 4 attachments : Re: Patches for arbitrary topology shapes - 4 attachments - 2 attachments Server Time
5 May 2024 04:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patches for arbitrary topology shapes - 4 attachments - 2 attachments
From: Rune
Date: 7 Jan 2004 19:51:05
Message: <3ffca979@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
>> That's why I was at one point so interested
>> in bicubic patches with 3, 5 and 6 edges,
>> which is another approach to solving the
>> topology problem.
>
> I recall a faint memory of such a discussion
> in p.a.u. But I didn't follow that thread
> very closely.
>
> Maybe now would be a good time to read through it.
>
> For you others, I found it here:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/26671/

> Can you please point me to thoses papers ?

The link to them is in the first post in the thread you just linked to.
http://zhengjj.freeyellow.com/html/publications.html
The publication "Control point surfaces over non-four-sided surfaces"
explain exactly how to implement 3, 5 and 6-sided bezier patches.

The direct link to that article is:
http://zhengjj.freeyellow.com/archive/ZhengBall97.zip

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Dec 30**