POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A good blurred reflection with bumps : Re: A good blurred reflection with bumps Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A good blurred reflection with bumps
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 7 Jan 2004 09:46:56
Message: <3ffc1be0@news.povray.org>
> One problem...media containers, windows, and other low-visibility
> transparent surfaces. And you can't just pick the highest AA settings
> hit...

I think picking the highest AA setting along the path of the ray would
be the easiest to implement and would work in many situations quite
well. The overall setting would be the minimum and object specific
settings would only increase this. Then there would not be any means to
lower AA settings for certain objects below the overall AA settings but
is that a big problem? There would still be a possibility to lower the
overall settings.

Severi S.