POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : working in this field professionally : Re: working in this field professionally Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: working in this field professionally
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 3 Jan 2004 17:51:02
Message: <3ff74756@news.povray.org>

http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/products/gallery/browse_results.asp?cid=238410409515734010
)
> made $90 in one month from sales of his artwork.  I however
> (http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/products/gallery/browse_results.asp?cid=
> 238024427131949824 ) have yet to make a penny.

(...)

> 3)  Make a realllllllllllllly cool web site and put up a PayPal site to
> collect donations.

The guy at Digital Blasphemy seems to have taken a combination of these
approaches; he makes images for use as computer wallpaper and charges a
fee to access them. If he's to be believed, he makes enough money from
this that he was able to quit his regular job.

I've often wondered if his success could be duplicated; some of the
images I see on p.b.i. equal or beat his work.

-Xplo